Home Forums Speech Anxiety Reading aloud news and serious text Reply To: Reading aloud news and serious text

Javier

Hi Ahmed,
from the information that you are giving me, I feel that the problem is more related to mind training and being a Speech Cop:
1) Are you doing daily Auto-suggestion or Self-hypnosis treatments?
2) Speech Cop: if your speech has worsened, my guess is that you are not being a Speech Cop. Are you using the Crutches while speaking? If you are stuttering, it means you are forcing your words instead of pausing (1000-1, 1000-2) and using a Crutch. Remember that we always the choice of using a Crutch instead of forcing words. When we force words it is because we consciously and/or subconsciously allow this to happen. Stuttering is a habit that we have acquired many years ago, so it is not easy to be a Speech Cop and do something different.

Regarding the reading aloud, I suggest you to read all kinds of texts, at least that’s what I do: novels, newspaper articles, all the emails and documents I normally read at work, Whatsapp messages, Instagram, even this message that I’m currently writing to you, etc. If you don’t want to disturb the people around you, you can read these texts in a whisper, your mind will hear you just as well as if you were reading in your regular voice. Try to read aloud in a passionate way always.

You also said that you are using all the Crutches well…. Maybe you’re right, but maybe not. Don’t get me wrong… A lot of the people I coach think that they are using them correctly and when I drill them, they are actually using them incorrectly. I suggest you to go to the Video section of this website and search “Crutches drill”, and compare the way you do it with the way the coach does them. And even better, you can ask to be coached by one of us, this way we will be able to check what you’re doing right and what can be improved.

Have a great day!